Challenge yourself this week!
This week I’m challenging you to make 1 change in your daily routine that will improve your health. It doesn’t have to be drastic, but I want you to challenge yourself to conscious effort to make a change that impacts your daily life.
Some good examples could include cutting out your late night snacking, drinking more water, starting your morning off with a healthy breakfast, eating more vegetables, etc. I want it to be something that you can make the effort to do every day and something that you can measure/keep track of.
This week, I will be completing this challenge by stretching daily and drinking more than a gallon of water every day.
This week’s recipe of the week:
3 medium sweet potatoes
about 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cups olive oil
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
2 cups spinach
5 ounces sharp white cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender. - OR if you have the microwavable sweet potatoes, follow instructions on package.
2. Place your chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and peper.
3. Place in the oven with the potatoes and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Allow to cool and shred the chicken with a fork or your hands.
5. When the sweet potatoes are done cut in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. In a medium size bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach (this can also be done in the microwave). Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together, set aside and keep warm.
8. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own and place in a baking dish. Bake the skins for 5-10 muntes until nice and crisp.
9. While the skins bake mix the spinach, chicken and chipotle sauce together. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture, top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Be sure to eat the skins too, they have lots of fiber and nutrients!
Hope everyone is having a great Super Bowl Sunday! Looking forward to another great week!